Everyone else is over here making New Year’s Resolution and I’m just trying to get by without slapping someone every time they do something ridiculous. I’ve decided to make a Pet Peeve Resolution list – not for me, obviously, but for everyone else. I know you probably think it would be easier for me to just put “patience” as my NYR, but sadly I can’t add that on my list when I know good and damn well I wont’ ever change.
1. Avoid people who act like they’re better than you. For example, if you criticize me about me hair, makeup, clothing, car, house, or job, then you should run for the hills. I do not care how I dress, what my face looks like most of the time, or if my job is up to par with your high-end city slickin’ opinion. Also, I believe brushing your hair all the time is overrated. A little tangle never hurt anyone.
2. Avoid men who think that calling you baby, baby girl, or princess is adorable. I am not a baby, I am not a babygirl, and although I am a princess, I only let my dad call me that. Also, it definitely gives off the stench that you’re desperate and needy. Go pamper your dog or something buddy.
3. Avoid people who DON’t drink. I’m not advising that I start hanging out with the rejects from AA, but I definitely can’t sit around and play UNO 24/7. If you don’t like alcohol (even just a little), we probably can’t be friends. And there’s a 99% chance that you will hate me.
4. Ignore people who tell you how to life your life. See, I spent the first 18 years of my life obeying my parents. Believe it or not, I did used to be a little angel….anyways, I’m 25 and really don’t care to sit around and have other people control me. If I want to make bad decisions, then I will. Are we done here?
5. Keep your righteous, unnecessary, critical opinions to yourself. Once again, I really don’t care what your thoughts on MY life are. Maybe you should start a blog so you can vent about how out of control my life 🙂
I think that’s a pretty solid start to the year 2014. Dontcha think?